I am not medically trained and an amateur essential oil user, so do not take this as law, do more research if any of this sounds wrong
Essential oils, have been found to provide both psychological and physical benefits when used correctly and safely. They should not replace your judgment or medical treatment when indicated, nor are they intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Some essential oils can react badly with prescribed medication so check the information leaflet in your medicines or with your doctor before you use anything.
General Safety Information:
- Do not take any oils internally without consultation from a qualified aromatherapy practitioner.
- Do not apply undiluted essential oils, absolutes, CO2s or other concentrated essences onto the skin.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner.
- Use extreme caution when using oils with children and give children only the gentlest oils at extremely low doses. It is safest to consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children.
- A skin patch test should be conducted prior to using an oil that you’ve never used before.
- Essential oils are flammable. Keep them out of the way of fire hazards.